Welcome to Mumbai Maiden (“Mumbai Maiden “, “we”, “us” or “our”). For us, at Mumbai Maiden, your privacy is placed on the highest pedestal and its protection is given the utmost level of importance. We are committed to a responsible and justified usage of your personal information, only to the extent for the provision of our services. This user-friendly document is meant to help you understand our common practices with regard to the personal information we collect from our users on our website, located at www.mumbaimaiden.com (“Website”), related online services and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law.
- What is the Information that we collect?
We collect the following information which includes but is not limited to the following:
Personally identifiable information (Examples: Address, phone number, age, gender, etc.)
- Your username, email address, password when you register for an account on the Website
- User Content and/or any specific online interaction (Examples: feedbacks and information requests received on the Website)
- This document only deals with personal information and does not extend to business information (such as business and telephone numbers, which is not covered by privacy laws.)
- Collection of information
Mumbai Maiden is committed to providing the best possible experience to its Users through this Website; your personal information is collected from you when you use the Website to perform certain tasks, such as:
- Sending an email to us (such as your name and email address);
- Calling us using the number listed on our database;
- Purchasing a ferry ticket from us through our Website. Your payment information is submitted directly to the credit card processor, who is responsible for its use and security.
- Registering to be listed on our database by opening an account with Mumbai Maiden through our Website. We collect information that will be used to create your profile in the database, such as name, address and email address. We collect additional information for our records that may not be displayed as part of your directory profile, but is necessary to check the information you provide or accept payment from you.
- How we use your information?
Personal information received by us is primarily used to meet your requests with regard to our Services, including booking ferry tickets through our Website and for allied purposes.
We disclose your personal information in the manner below.
- Staff: We will share your personal information with our staff member(s) on a need to know basis, for the purpose of providing services;
- Third Party: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information about you and your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on this Website and other sites about goods and services of interest to you. When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party websites, the third party may collect information about you on their website. The third party may have its own terms and privacy policies that differ from ours. We encourage you to read such posted privacy statement(s) whenever interacting with any website you visit.
We use third party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage treads for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We collect and use this analytics information from other users to identify any particular individual user.
Like most standard website servers, our server uses log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track User movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses etc., are not linked to personally identifiable information contained in User profiles.
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Mumbai Maiden.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services or use the Website;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Mumbai Maiden application on your device.
- How we share your information?
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Mumbai Maiden is a part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates“). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Services (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honour the choices you make about who can see the User Content.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations (“Service Providers”) that help us provide the Services to you. Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Services, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
What happens in the event of a change of control with respect to Mumbai Maiden:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or summons) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside India where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Children’s privacy:
Mumbai Maiden does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 (eighteen) or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18 (eighteen). In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 (eighteen) without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18 (eighteen), please contact us.
- Other websites and services:
- How to contact us:
- Security Policy:
We use reasonable security measures to protect the personally identifiable data of our Users. Our servers are encrypted and stored safely. Your information is only shared with those people for whom it is absolutely essential to access such information, and no one else.
However, please note that we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of user information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of the user’s information at any time.